With over 2000 artists, serving as the #1 A&R Portal for up and coming Gospel Musicians, GospelCity.com, since 1999 powered by GospelEngine.com, is a rapidly growing Interactive Christian Inspirational Music Portal Serving as a Single-Source Global Community Destination for Diverse Information, Video and Music Exclusively featuring: Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Gospel Reggae, Jazz Gospel, Holy Hip Hop, and Christian Rock. For More Information on Gospel Engine or to access, click here: GospelEngine.com - or click/copy/paste the following link in your web-browser: http://www.GospelEngine.com
Are You Gift Wrapped For Jesus?
Are You Gift Wrapped For Jesus?
by Richard A. Cox, Jr Author of I, We, Us: A Journey of Personal Growth and Development
My wife and I were walking through the mall looking for Christmas gifts as I observed the crowd of shoppers. Everyone was so busy and excited about purchasing gifts for family and friends. It made me think for a moment about what is the gift I’m giving to Jesus?
I thought about the greatest gift I can give to Jesus is my life. Jesus wants a totally surrendered life. You will find in Romans 12:1 (AMP) where it states “I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.” God wants daily access to us to be used as His instruments on earth to accomplish His work. When we give our lives to God we are allowing Him total access 24/7 to our minds, bodies, and souls to be used as He sees fit.
Jesus purpose in being born was to place us in right fellowship with God again after the fall of Adam. Jesus is the gift, not of something external to God, but the gift of God’s owns self, the divine truth told in a human life. Looking at John 1:14 (KJV) we find , “… and the Word became flesh and dwelt upon us (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth.” God wrapped Himself in flesh to come to earth. He became the ultimate living sacrifice as the Lamb of God to die for the remission of our sins. He gave us His greatest gift of His only begotten son. (John 3:14(KJV) “for God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever would believe on Him will not perish but have everlasting life.”)
I would like to ask if you are you gift wrapped for Jesus this year? Do you wear the garment of praise when you enter the House of the Lord? Do you wear the armor of God outside of the church to protect you against the wiles of the devil? Just mediate on your answers for a moment.
Here are some of the ways we can wrap ourselves as a gift for Jesus:
1. Truth - God has wrapped us in the truth of His Word. In 3 John 4 (KJV) it says, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”
2. Praise - God has wrapped us in the garment of praise to give Him Glory and Honor all the days of our lives. Isaiah 61:3 (KJV) tell us, “to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion…the Garment of Praise for the spirit of heaviness.”
3. Protection – God has wrapped us with His armor of protection. Ephesians 6:11 (KJV) declare us to, “put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
We can bring a Christian perspective of the true meaning of Christmas in our homes and not just at church. Here are some actions that can indicate how our hearts are wrapped as a gift at Christmas by:
1. Discussing the birth of Jesus and explaining why we celebrate Christmas.
2. Giving meaning to our actions for decorating our homes and giving gifts.
3. Picking religious Christmas cards or E-cards that will minister to our family and friends
4. Looking for opportunities in the community to give our time to volunteer.
5. Making time to watch Christmas television programs with the family.
6. Playing Christmas CDs in our home to create an atmosphere of the holidays.
Jesus welcomes our little gifts and gestures because he recognizes them as signs that His joy has touched us. Jesus wants YOU! It is not something that is tangible but intangible. When we received Jesus in our hearts, we received God’s greatest gift that keeps giving and giving and giving all year.
We should stay gift wrapped for Jesus to be used anytime and anywhere patiently waiting for Him to unwrap us for His service. Let Jesus unwrap your talent, creativity, and vision for His Glory. Today, decide if you are not a Christian to give yourself as a gift to Jesus this Christmas. If you are a Christian keep yourself wrapped as a gift for Jesus to use.