1 John 4:7-12
(7) Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
(8) He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
(9) In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
(10) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
(12) No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.